Looking for a home can be exciting and, at times, nerve racking! Even though it can be both of these, looking for a home is an essential part of life, and believe it or not, it is the best investment you can ever make. As you explore options along the Southwest Florida coast, many questions will arise. One of those questions may very well be "How to choose a gated community on the Estero real estate market?"
What Exactly Is A Gated Community?
The term gated community simply refers to any type of neighborhood that has controlled access using one or more gate that residents or visitors must pass through. Some have a guard booth with a security staff to ensure that only residents pass the gate, while others use an automatic gate that residents must open with a key card or remote control. Whatever the definition, there are vitals that will determine which gated community you choose. You can buy a house anywhere but you can't just buy a lifestyle.
What Are Your Lifestyle Needs?
A variety of factors will determine which community you will choose. Today's leading master-planned communities offer more amenities than ever before. With a little bit of research, you can find a new home in the Estero real estate market with amenities best suited to your needs. Smart homebuyers will give great thought to the lifestyle they want for themselves and their family. Do you have young children? Or are you a newlywed with children? Are you downsizing to a smaller home because your children are grown? Do you like to spend time jogging or hiking around a lake? Do you just want to enjoy your retirement golfing? Further decisions are determined by a location near your job, quality schools, or close proximity to good shopping and medical facilities. All of these factors will come into play as you investigate a gated community in Estero, FL that is suited for you.
Some amenities to look for:
- Heated swimming pools and outdoor spas
- State-of-the-art fitness facilities
- Har-Tru lit tennis, bocce or pickleball courts
- Casual or formal dining options within the community walls
- Children's playgrounds
- Water access via boat or beach
- Nature and walking trails
- Championship golf courses
- Diverse home-style choices
What Are The Benefits Of Living In a Gated Community?
Mention the word "gated community" and a number of things come to mind beyond the immediate lifestyle amenities. Although exclusivity, safety, and security are primary functions of these Southwest Florida communities there are a number of other benefits as well. The aim of a gated community is to have all essential amenities within the four walls, but also make sure they are located in cities where excellent social infrastructure is present. Key Real Estate REALTORS® understand that townships such as Estero create a real presence; a presence that children can grow in, families can build healthy lifestyles in, and where retirement luxuries are available. Let's check out some more benefits to this type of community.
- Quiet Grounds/Alternative Surroundings - Serenity builds calm; calm builds a better quality of life. Many gated communities have grounds men that maintain landscaping and much more. Beauty begets relaxation and relaxtion begets great mental health.
- Less Traffic - When it comes to living in a gated community, homeowners can enjoy less traffic with an area that is less populated due to limited access. Kids play and calming strolls just got safer.
- Community Feel - Gated communities host more community events, such as block parties or luncheons where neighbors can mingle and spend time together. Community pools or clubhouses are available to residents; this allows for interaction at the pool or even in the fitness facilities. For families that have children vast park space and playgrounds are a mandatory component.
- Exclusivity/Privacy – One of the primary reasons people opt to stay in gated communities is the exclusivity and privacy. Everyone who wishes to enter the exclusive zone must go through security measures to get through the gates. No stray people can willingly enter the neighborhood.
- Security - When you're in a gated community there is a natural sense of security. Your quality of life seems to go up as you feel safe in the environment that you're in. Gated communities enjoy much lower crime rates compared to other non-gated communities and neighborhoods.
Gated communities are places where you can raise a family in peace and quiet, but you can also retire in comfort and security. You can be happy where you are, no matter what stage of life you are in, and you can be happy with the beautiful home you have behind the security of the gated community. It is important to note that when you choose this lifestyle, you are not cutting yourself off from the rest of the world. You are just giving yourself a bit more security, luxury for a great value while still having access to the greater community outside of the gated walls.
Take a look at some great gated communities in the Estero, Florida area: Wildcat Run, Rapallo at Coconut Point, Preserve at Corkscrew, Cascades at Estero and more. The REALTORS® at Key Real Estate understand that homes for sale in Estero, Florida gated communities are places where you can make lifelong friendships and build what will essentially become your extended family. Contact a us at Key Real Estate to find out more!